In order to prepare a report and/or quotation in response to your enquiry, we will need to process the details you have given us on our computer system and share them with insurers we ask to quote.
We will not, of course, share the information with any other parties. You may receive our newsletter from time to time, carrying relevant news on insurance.
If you would prefer to be removed from our database after the report or quotation has been prepared, please mention this to our staff.
Personal Data Use
Your personal data is in safe hands.
We do: use your personal data to help us provide a great customer service, which includes tailoring the information we share with you to help ensure that it’s relevant, useful and timely.
We do: respect your privacy and work hard to ensure we meet strict regulatory requirements.
We don’t: sell your personal data to third parties.
The Personal Data we may collect from you could include:
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Job function and employer details/institutional affiliation
- Gender and nationality
- Recruitment Information (e.g. CV, certificates, date of birth, performance assessments, reference letters etc.)
- Connection Information (e.g.IPaddress, webcookies, hostinformation, approximate host location, pages visited, services used)
We may use your Personal Data:
- To provide you with information about our services, activities or our online content
by offering to subscribe you to newsletters, publications, event announcements, etc.
- To personalise the way our web content is presented to you
- To use IP addresses to identify your location for statistical reporting purposes and if
necessary to block disruptive use
- To analyse and improve our websites by examining statistical usage information
- To generate statistical reports as to how our website and services are being used
- For managing events that you have registered for
We may disclose your Personal Data:
- To service providers processing your information on our behalf which are required to keep your information confidential
- In forming part of the record of data submitted to our data archives
We may use your Personal Data to contact you:
- When you have asked us to as part of a specific service request (e.g. claim, policy query, voicemail message)
- In relation to any contribution that you have provided to our archives
- To invite your voluntary participation in surveys about our services
- In relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order
to ensure that we can deliver the services to you (e.g. to notify you of service down time)
- When you have opted in to receive further correspondence for and outreach purposes (e.g. newsletters)
If you choose not to give personal information
We may need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you. If you choose not to give us this personal information, it may delay or prevent us from meeting our obligations. It may also mean that we cannot perform services needed to run your accounts. It could mean that we cancel a product or service you have with us. Any data collection that is optional would be made clear at the point of collection.
Data transfers out of the EEA
We may send personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). When they do, there will be a contract in place to make sure the recipient protects the data to the same standard as the EEA. This may include following international frameworks for making data sharing secure.
How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your personal information for as long as you are a customer of Markham Private Clients Ltd. After you stop being a customer, we may keep your data for up to 7 years for one of these reasons:
- To respond to any questions or complaints.
- To show that we treated you fairly.
- To maintain records according to rules that apply to us.
We may keep your data for longer than 7 years if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. We may also keep it for research or statistical purposes. If we do, we will make sure that your privacy is protected and only use it for those purposes.
Letting us know if your personal information is incorrect
You have the right to question any information we have about you that you think is wrong or incomplete. Please contact us if you want to do this.
If you do, we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it.
What if you want us to stop using your personal information?
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to delete, remove, or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as the ‘right to object’ and ‘right to erasure’, or the ‘right to be forgotten’.
There may be legal or other official reasons why we need to keep or use your data. But please tell us if you think that we should not be using it.
We may sometimes be able to restrict the use of your data. This means that it can only be used for certain things, such as legal claims or to exercise legal rights. In this situation, we would not use or share your information in other ways while it is restricted.
You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information if:
- It is not accurate.
- It has been used unlawfully but you don’t want us to delete it.
- It not relevant any more, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims.
- You have already asked us to stop using your data but you are waiting for us to tell you if we are allowed to keep on using it.
If you want to object to how we use your data, or ask us to delete it or restrict how we use it or, please contact us.
How to withdraw your consent
You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us if you want to do so.
If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. If this is so, we will tell you.